Want help? We can measure, inspect, and calculate your qualifying damage for as low as $99 

Have cracks in your siding? 

We can help fix your cracked siding and, if you’re part of the CertainTeed WeatherBoards Fiber Cement Siding Class Action Lawsuit Settlement, we can potentially also help you get thousands of dollars owed to you from that lawsuit settlement. If you do qualify, however, you will need to file soon because the lawsuit ends on August 11, 2020.

CertainTeed Identifier 

Have fiber cement siding and this grain pattern? You likely have CertainTeed. If it’s not fiber cement or it doesn’t have this pattern, you won’t have any potential money coming but we are still happy to address your issues with siding repairs or replacement.

Qualifying Damage 

  • Cracking: If you do have CertainTeed WeatherBoards fiber cement siding look for cracks like this
  • Shrinkage: Gaps of 3/16” or more between boards, or 5/16” between siding and trim qualifies
  • Delamination: Field and edge checking, and delamination are considered qualifying damage
  • Buckling/Warping: If your CertainTeed siding is warping or buckling more than ½”, it qualifies

Steps To File A Claim 

  • Measure: Take measurements of all walls of your home. These measurements must be 100% accurate.
  • Inspect: Inspect and take pictures of all of the qualifying damage to your home.
  • Prove: Take pictures of every wall and CertainTeed identifier to prove the product is on your home.
  • Calculate: Convert linear foot of all qualifying damage into square footage and separate by each wall.
  • Submit: Once you have your measurements, inspections, and evidence, file through the links below.

Would you like help with filing your claim? We love to make things simple so we can perform all these steps for you (excluding filling out the court documents) for as low as $99!

Compensation Estimate Calculator

Curious how much money you could get? Fill out this free form to get an idea of what you might expect.


  • Name
  • Phone Number
  • Zip Code
  • Compensation Calculator
  • Interested In Support With Filing Your Claim



Where Do I File?

You must file online through the official Settlement Administrator, below is a link to do so 


Can a Property Management Firm or HOA file?

Potentially yes. Depending on who manages the property according to the bylaws. Homeowner Associations will need to submit a copy of the association agreement bylaws to prove whether they manage or the homeowners manage their properties. Additionally, whoever is granted the power of attorney can sign documents (an example would be a treasurer with POA), and only one qualified person is required to sign.

Can an Investor or Investment Bank file?

Absolutely, and there is no limit on the number of properties eligible for filing.

How much money could I get?

***Check out our free cost calculator to get an idea of what claims have been going for. Keep in mind that, without 100% accurate information, this calculator is merely just a fun tool.

CertainTeed will pay $103.9 million to settle the Class Action lawsuit. A Settlement Class Member with an Eligible Claim will be offered a cash payment in accordance with the Agreement. The amount available to each claimant is determined using the criteria described in the Settlement Agreement. Also, the amount payable to each claimant depends upon a number of factors such as (1) the extent of the Qualifying Damage; (2) how much of the siding on the wall has Qualifying Damage; (3) the size of the wall; and (4) the length of time the Siding has been installed.

Information about the payment available under the Agreement is supplied in answer to Questions 11 through 14 below. When you read the answers to those questions, keep in mind that compensation for eligible Claims is based in part on how long you have already been able to use the siding.

The amount paid to each Class Member will be determined by using the pricing provided by “RS Means,” which is a widely accepted cost estimator used in the construction/building industry. RS Means accounts for regional differences in costs for labor and materials. However, the cost of your claim can be closely estimated as follows: The average cost of installing fiber cement siding on a home in the United States is approximately $500 per square (a “square” is 100 square feet of siding). Since the average home requires about 28 squares, the cost to re-side an average home is about $14,000. 

An example of a recovery for a Class Member would be as follows: If two out of the four sides of an average size home built in 2006 had Qualifying Damage in excess of 5%, and each of the sides was of equal size, then one-half of the 28 squares, or 14 squares, would need to be replaced. According to the schedule set forth above, which reflects both a reduction for the number of years of service the homeowner received from the Siding, and the compromises inherent in the Settlement process, the claim would be valued at $3,640 ((14 squares x $500/square) multiplied by .52). The Claimant could receive more than this amount if there are excess funds at the end of the claims period. 

In fact, the maximum amount payable could ultimately be the full value of the claim without an adjustment, depending upon the claims rate. In order to help you decide if this settlement is right for you, you can also contact your local contractor, most of whom will give you a free estimate of the cost to replace your siding.

In order to ensure that all Claimants are treated equally during the six-year claims period, all claims will be paid on a two-payment schedule. The first payment will be in the amount of 50% of the claim value (in the above example that would be $1,820) as soon as the claim is administered. The second payment would be made at the end of the claims period, unless Class Counsel seeks approval from the Court to accelerate payments based on the claims rate.

If less than 5% of the siding on a single wall section has Qualifying Damage then the payment will be based on the actual number of boards or panels with damage. The siding material will be prorated based on the schedule in your warranty. All other costs associated with siding replacement will be subject to the schedule set forth above.

If your siding was installed within the last two years, your SureStart warranty is likely still in force. If so, you must first make a claim with CertainTeed under the SureStart Warranty. However, if after making a claim with CertainTeed you believe you would have recovered more under this Settlement, then you can make a claim in this settlement too. If this Settlement would have provided you more, you will be paid the difference between what CertainTeed paid and what the Settlement provides.

The Settlement allows a class member to make more than one claim during the claims period, however, a Claimant cannot collect twice for the same wall section for which they previously received compensation.

I have extensive damage, can I get reimbursement for all of my CertainTeed siding?

You will get reimbursed per elevation (side) if you have 5% or more of all the total square footage of the siding damaged. If this continues to all the other walls then you will indeed get credit for the entire home. Be aware you will likely get drastically more compensation should you have a professional inspection performed.

What happens if I fill out the paperwork wrong or give inaccurate information?

Assuming that you are filing lawfully and not looking to defraud the settlement, as long as you file by the August 11, 2020 deadline, you will be considered as part of the settlement even if your information is inaccurate due to error. 

It is important to note, however, your claim will get pushed to the end of the line and could take far longer to process (we’ve heard up to an extra year or more). We are unsure what the legal recourse is for fraudulent submission but we very strongly recommend against it.

What if I move before I get my settlement checks?

Make sure the Settlement Administrator always has your current address or you could permanently lose these funds.

How long does it take to get my settlement?

Unfortunately, there is no set date on when you will get your compensation but we do know a few things.

You get paid half up front after your settlement is accepted. This time period will likely be around one year but could take far longer (we’ve heard two years mentioned) depending on the accuracy of your inspection, measurements, and paperwork.

The other half will get paid out once the settlement is considered complete. Unfortunately, there is not a set date for this so it is difficult to say when the suit will be settled.

How much damage do I need on one side of my home before I get paid for an entire side?

You need to have 5% of more of the siding showing qualifying damage in order to get an entire side covered. If you have less than 5% damage, you will get paid per square foot of damage only. 

If you are performing the inspection yourself, it may be worth paying someone to help you inspect as just being able to prove the difference between 4% damage and 5% damage on one side. This could mean the difference between a few hundred dollars and a few thousand dollars in compensation for siding repair or replacement.

I am not the original owner. Can I file?

As long as you qualify for the lawsuit and the previous owner didn’t already file, then yes, you absolutely can. If you are unsure of whether a claim on your property has been filed you can contact the Settlement Administrator to verify.

What is qualifying damage?

Qualifying Damage to Siding means damage caused by a defect in the Siding that is manifested as shrinkage between the ends of Siding in excess of 3/16” except that for Siding installed abutting windows, doors, or trim, shrinkage must exceed 5/16”. In addition, Siding with warping or bowing in excess of 1/2″, field and edge cracking through the board, or delamination is also Qualifying Damage.

Siding means CertainTeed WeatherBoards™ Fiber Cement Siding, Lap Siding, Vertical Siding, Shapes, Soffit, Porch Ceiling, and 7/16” Trim installed on or before September 30, 2013.

Where can I find downloadable copies of paperwork and court documents?

We have assembled a simple list of pdfs you can download and share, you’re welcome 🙂

Paper Submit A Claim Form


Notice of Settlement (Court Doc)


Corrected Agreement of Compromise & Settlement (Court Doc)


Plaintiffs Motion (Court Doc)


How do I contact the Settlement Administrator?

By Mail:

CertainTeed Fiber Cement Siding Litigation

c/o Analytics Consulting LLC, Settlement Administrator

P.O. Box 2007

Chanhassen, MN 55317-2007

By E-Mail:


By Phone:

(855) 332-3413

Please visit www.CertainTeedSettlement.ca for questions about the CertainTeed Fiber Cement Settlement in Canada.